POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : WIP: DSS 1 - Jester (25kb BU) - 1 attachments : Re: DSS 1 - Jester (25kb BU) - 1 attachments Server Time
2 Oct 2024 02:21:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: DSS 1 - Jester (25kb BU) - 1 attachments
From: Rich
Date: 21 Jun 2000 19:22:22
Message: <8F5AB1683spammindspringcom@204.213.191.228>
per### [at] aolcom?subject=PoV-News: (Bob Hughes) wrote in
<395036fd@news.povray.org>:

>"Rich" <SrP### [at] mindspringcom> wrote in message
>|   This is an initial posting, looking for some more help with
>|   textures.
>| The Deep Space Station 1 - Jester, sits in a nebula syphoning up the
>| hydrogen for fuel...  blah blah blah...  <smile>
>
>I think the colors are too unalike so as to make it look speckled with
>confetti more than just ordinary hull material.  It's called Jester so
>maybe that's befitting?  Well, more closely matched colors would be my
>suggestion. Anyway, there's my quick response.

   I think you're right; just before I posted the image, I re-rendered it
without the assumed_gamma statement which made everything darker and
maginified the color differences.  I need to play with the colors more, no
doubt.  Is the 'shape' of the texture looking ok though?  I thought about
making the 'panels' bigger, but I want the thing to seem huge at first
glance.  The central (rotating by the way) part is supposed to be a couple
kilometers long.
   I'll be putting in some near and far ships to give it scale, by the way,
but I think it will make it look better if the station can stand on it's
own.

--
Rich Allen
(Remove SPAM from my address to reply by e-mail)